This year for the holidays, we are turning Thanksgiving in Clute into Pupsgiving. We’re giving thanks to the faithful companions that are always by our side when we need them. Dogs are a gift that we should cherish every day, and Pet Supermarket in Clute makes that easy. Whether you’re going to treat them to gourmet dog treats or extra belly rubs this year, Woodshore Marketplace has some ideas on how to give thanks to your dogs this year.
Take a Trip to Pet Supermarket to Celebrate Thanksgiving in Clute
Pet Supermarket has everything you need to spoil your pup this Thanksgiving in Clute! You can even donate to their Thanks for Giving Pet Food Drive while you are there. Try picking up some Merrick Thanksgiving Day Dinner dog food for a grain free, and safe Thanksgiving treats for your dog. Their food is healthy for dogs, and pairs nicely with the Blue Wilderness Turkey Jerky Trail Treats. For dessert, you can give your dog a Kong Goodie Bone filled with peanut butter instead of a turkey bone. Turkey bones can seriously harm your dog’s intestinal tract, so choose a safe treat instead.
Only Feed Them Vet-Approved Thanksgiving Foods
This Thanksgiving, we ask that everyone know that they should and shouldn’t feed your pets before you sit down to eat. An overwhelming majority of people admit to feeding their dogs food scraps from the table, but are they feeding their dog’s dangerous foods? Here is a list of things you can and cannot feed your dog on Thanksgiving in Clute:
- Turkey – no skin, drippings, gravy, bones or fat. White meat only.
- Macaroni and Cheese – only if you know your dogs handle dairy well.
- Mashed Potatoes – no cheese, sour cream, onions, butter or gravy.
- Cranberry Sauce – only a small amount due to the sugar.
- Green Beans – watch the salt. No green bean casseroles.
- Grapes or Raisins – will cause kidney failure in your dog.
- Chocolate – even baking chocolate and dark chocolate.
- Alliums – these are things like onions, garlic, leeks and scallions.
- Xylitol – an artificial sweetener that is fatal when ingested by dogs.
- Alcohol – this one should be obvious.
Thanksgiving in Clute is a great day to celebrate and cherish all of the dogs in your life. Remember that they deserve a healthy feast on Thanksgiving as well. Staying up to date with what foods you can and can’t feed your dogs is a great way to protect them from distress. You don’t want to end up at an emergency vet on Thanksgiving or any other day, so take care of your pups and give them a few belly rubs from us! Want to learn more about celebrating Thanksgiving in Clute? Check out our directory today.
Woodshore Marketplace is offered by Weitzman. Weitzman is one of the leading commercial real estate companies in North Texas. Weitzman offers a full range of Commercial Real Estate services including Project Representation, Tenant Representation and Investment Sales and, is also a leading Asset Management and Development Services Commercial Real Estate firm.
Photo from Getty Images: #869940068